Saturday 8 June 2013

The Boy Speaks! On Getting A Dog...

As you might know, as well as having me, the Girl of the story, Storm also has a Boy. Storm's Boy is my boy, my beautiful, special and adorable son. The Boy is animal mad, desperate to be a vet and a natural with animals of all kinds but particularly dogs. Unsurprisingly, the Boy simply adores Storm.

The Boy also struggles a bit sometimes with writing but, thanks to his wonderful school and amazing English teacher, he's getting better every week. He knows about the blog and often suggests things to write about so when he suggested he write pieces for me giving his side of life with Storm, I thought that it was a great idea so, without further ado, here is Boy's first blog...

"I love dogs. They always seem happy and I like making them happy too. I like their nature. They're very calming and they know how you feel. I especially like playing with them and loving them is very easy.

When I knew we were going to get Storm, I hoped that everything would go well. I was so happy and really looked forward to playing with her and doing things with her. She came to live with us on the day before my birthday and was the best birthday present ever. I just wanted her to like me.

My first impressions of Storm were that she was very big and very soft. I was so happy to see her and the first night she was with us, I lay on the floor with her and she lay on my arm and went to sleep. That was brilliant.

So far, my favourite thing about having Storm is taking her gundog training. I think because she fits around us all so well all the time, it's really nice for her to have some time that's all about her. I also really like Sarah [our trainer - Girl!] and her dogs are all beautiful. We have also been on a walk for Hounds For Heroes and I got to meet Allen and EJ which was very special.


Now we've got Storm I know that I love animals more than ever. I love seeing her when I come out of school and I love playing with her in the garden. I'm also learning new things and it's such a nice feeling when she does what I ask.

If another child was getting a dog, I would tell them not to be scared because dogs sense that. You should do things for them as much as you can like walking them, brushing them and feeding them so they bond with you. I don't even mind picking up Storm's poo!!

Having Storm has made my life better. Having her makes me think more about others because I have to think about her and notice what she's doing and how she's feeling so I can help her.

Storm is brilliant and I love her a lot."


No comments:

Post a Comment