Tuesday 23 April 2013

Dear Grant, Thank You...

Grant - The Legend
Dear Grant,

This is a letter to say a huge thank you to you, you special, wonderful beautiful boy.

We still all miss you very much but I wanted to tell you of something amazing that you've done for me, even though you're not here anymore.

I know you spent so much time at the vets, Addison's Disease wasn't much fun was it, but while you were at the vet, your courage, your gentleness and your fighting spirit won you lots of friends. When Emily put you to sleep, she cried too and even now, a few years on, you're still her special boy.

When Emily found out I was looking for a dog, she thought of you and remembered how well we'd looked after you (well, that was more Mum than me wasn't it to be honest) and she knew that any dog that went to our family would be well looked after. So she spoke to one of her veterinary nurses who also remembered you and she told her friend who needed to re-home one of her dogs.

And that's how we got Storm.

So, when I took Storm to see Emily, she was so happy for us and really, my darling Grantley, it's all because of you. Too ill to continue being a Guide Dog but too special to give in, you were a real gentleman and you touched everyone.

I wish you could see Storm, she's fabulous and we love her.

Thank you Grant,
YouGirl xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment